Monday, March 13, 2017

My Husband, My Friend

After a weekend of relaxing and just enjoying family, I am reflecting on what it is like to be married to your friend.

When we first met, I was on the tail end of my Senior year of High School and he was in his Junior year.  At that age there was never a single thought of dating a younger boy.  He on the other hand had already told his friends that he had met the woman he would marry one day.  We spent a few years as friends and co-workers, both dating other people.  Our first date was almost exactly three years before we were married.  One of our favorite dates was to just drive on the old dirt roads looking for deer.  As we drove, we talked of our lives, our dreams and got to know each other bit by bit.

Today, we have so much shared history that we do not have to explain ourselves to each other.  We know the little quirks that each of us have and their is still love there.  It is not the same as it was when we first started dating but it is a good love that I know will always be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment